Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Concrete Countertops?



I was introduced to this idea yesterday. I've been wanting granite countertops in my new kitchen, but at $50 a square foot, it's not really in our price range at the moment. Enter Mirjam: While our daughters had a play date, we got to talking about this very subject and she told me about these concrete countertops she had seen on a home show. When I first heard the words "concrete countertop," I thought of a grey sidewalk, but no--these countertops can be stained any color, and can have a glossy finish. In the picture galleries, a lot of the countertops could easily have been mistaken for granite. Another tidbit is that you can inlay little treasures into the concrete (i.e. shells, pieces of glass or what ever). We just might do this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Concreate countertops are very cool. When I worked @ pbk thats what we had at the registers. They're Very durable and easy to keep clean!!! I thought they were pretty classy looking too!

Kaila said...

I'm so glad you said that Gretchen! I've been nervouse about them (maybe because Noah's never done them before?) Thanks!

k8theriver said...

i love them but i heard they weren't cheap.

Kaila said...

Danget! What if your husband does it all himself? Concrete can't be that much can it? I guess I'll have to investigate now--thanks for the tip.