Thursday, November 02, 2006

Making the Perfect Flower Stencil

Just as a disclaimer, the picture above is not a syringe (no, I'm not advocating drug use). I've been wondering how I'm going to stencil perfect flowers on Gabby's wall and here's the solution: I've already purchased stencil blanks and even paint but I've been too terrified to attempt cutting out my stencils. So I found out about these stencil cutters (again from Mirjam) that make the whole cutting process a lot easier. They're pretty reasonable ($29.50) and are available here. Now I just have to enlarge the picture of the flowers, put that picture behind the blank stencil paper and trace it with the cutter--tada! I'm also going stencil "I do believe in fairies" for above Gabby's closet using the same technique.

5 comments:

Henry Parents said...

Hey I am thinking of something like this for Henry's room - however it would be elephants not flowers. Where do you buy stencil blanks?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast you found this!! Didn't we JUST talk about this. Lunch was fun. I think Anouk wants to move in with Gaby now....

Kaila said...

I bought the blank stencils at Robert's craft store--do they have that in Indiana? Anyway, I'm sure you could buy them at any craft store, or online. P.S. isn't it wierd that we're decorating our KIDS' rooms now?

Mirjam: whenever we finish talking, I get so excited and I have to put a picture to your great ideas--the internet makes that really easy!

Kaila said...

I bought a speacial brush to sponge, but I may have to have you come over when I actually set out to do it--an uh, you still haven't seen my new house, hello!

Kaila said...

I forgot about that--are you feeling any better?