This is definitely a favorite of mine. Here's the recipe:
- 2 Cups of shredded chicken (about 3 breasts)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 inch of fresh chopped ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 1 tsp curry paste (available at most grocery stores or specialty markets)--comes in 2 colors, go for the green unless you've got superhero taste buds in which case red might just be your thing
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce (available at international food stores)
- 1- 2 Cups Vegetables of your choice (I like red bell peppers, whole mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, and spinach)
- 1 Cup egg noodles (optional but fantastic)
- 1 1/2 C plain yogurt
- garnish with fresh cilantro (optional)
Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken, vegetables (add the softer vegetables near the end) and noodles. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender.
Remove from heat. Just before serving, add the plain yogurt. Stir to combine. Garnish and serve with rice.