Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Vocal School Graduates



I've completely revamped my website (and gave my studio a whole new name entirely). "The Vocal School" (which you'll notice no long exists) ended up sounding too lofty for just being an in-home studio so I ended up going with "Timpanogos Vocal Studio" which I am liking much more. This time around, I didn't use Microsoft Office Live for various reasons including the following: you have to choose one of their templates (which is great for beginners but I wanted something a little more professional), and it's only free during the "beta period" what ever that means--I was never charged but I didn't want to be taken for a ride later on. Instead, I went with godaddy.com which I pay for ($4 a month). I designed my website using NVU which is free and then I got a free web template from Interspire. The pictures are from Stockxpert, which I puchased for $1 each (so I'm legal). I am no computer whiz, but somehow I managed doing it almost entirely on my own (Noah did help me get out of a few ruts). So if you've been looking at designing your own web page, it's not so bad.

3 comments:

Bruce Young said...

A great site! I'm almost persuaded to start taking lessons myself.

Kaila said...

well you know where to go when you're ready to take that step.

Anonymous said...

Please refrain from telling Bruce Young where to go. That's my job.