Thursday, November 06, 2008

Scary Cute

Halloween is over and the candy is out of my house and at Noah's work. I do think next year I'll adopt the strategy of my friend Mirjam in order to deal with all the candy--she buys her kid's Halloween goods from them so they can get a toy instead of a sugar high.
Gabby scared us a little by how cute she was in her BYU cheerleader costume. In the picture below, Gabby is seen with Jacob the neighbor boy, who was a football player. Ahh.

Alex finally decided he wanted to dress up for Halloween, after purchasing two other costumes (a dragon and spiderman) that he refused to wear. On October 30th, Alex announced that he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear. I was worried Target would be sold out, but we got lucky--there was one left, just Alex's size (and it was on sale--double bonus). After our purchase, Alex insisted on being called "Buzz" and flying everywhere (I had to help out, apparently the wings on this costume are broken).

Oliver--who by the way weighs in at 14 lbs now (98th percentile for his age)--lasted about five minutes in the pea costume.
And Gabby ate a warhead.
Hope your Halloween was as awesome as our. By the way, have you seen this?

8 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

I heard a cute idea about candy...the "switch" fairy comes that night. She switches out candy for something that will last longer, a toy, a book, a movie, etc..

Kaila said...

Another great idea!

Zachary said...

Wow...who knew? Halloween is commercialized?? Next thing you know we will have a Hussein in the White House.

Oh wait...

Julene said...

Hm. I never thought about trading candy away! Maybe my kids too young for me to understand why that would be a good idea.

Gretch said...

Those are good ideas.

Cute pictures! Interesting video?

The Wright's said...

they are so darn cute. I love the Buzz. So fun!

Henry Parents said...

Oh, man. Henry had the pea costume for his first Halloween and it was terrible. I think he lasted two minutes top and all the peas kept falling off. So sad to see another victim of the pea pod.

Everyone looks great! Maybe next year we can trick'n'treat together!!

FLORES said...


I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor TAKUTA for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 3 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Takuta now, his email is takutaspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +27788634102