Tuesday, November 21, 2006

6 Years of [Mostly] Happily Ever After

Newly weds in China (before I learned that makeup is my friend): Noah and I started our marriage out as far from anyone we knew as we could get--Urumuchi, China (the province right above Tibet)--pretty much directly on the opposite side of the world from Utah. We taught english there for about 5 months and spent just about 24/7 with each other, proving that we really did like each other. This picture was taken in Shanghai, a few days before we returned home.
6 years, 2 houses, 7 cars, 5 dogs, and two beautiful kids later, I can honestly say that I love [and appreciate] Noah more than I did 6 years ago--a lot more! How did I end up with such an awesome guy?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been six years! Congrats - you have a beautiful family!

Factotum said...

Thanks Adrea, still planning on making the trek down here?

older singer said...

There has always been something just GOOD about your relationship. I sensed it from very early on in your dating. Noah grounds you (and I mean that in a good way) and you add great sparkle to his life. You WORK well together. It always thrills me to see a six-year-young marriage working. So may new marriages fail after barely revving up the engines. You and Noah are blessed, but you are also wise in the way you've approached marriage. Of course, there's lots more ahead (such as teenagers), but that foundational friendship will see you through it all. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Factotum said...

Thanks--I am genuinely happy (and grateful I married Noah and not some other boy I maybe thought I should end up with)

Design Mom said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family.

Garry Wilmore said...

Ah, Kaila -- this is the first time I have seen your face in more than 20 years -- the last time was in 1986 -- and you're lovely! And accomplished, too. My hat's off to you, and I hope your life is pure velvet. Or at least mostly velvet.