- 1 Cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned--not marinated, or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer fresh)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- dash of ground pepper
- garnish with fresh cut tomatoes
On the Side:
- sliced crusty bread (toasted if you like)
1. Boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander when done.
2. Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 1 minute (flip the cheese over after 30 seconds and resume). Or, use a saucepan to heat it over medium heat just until hot.
3. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the cream cheese and stir well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and combine. Garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes and serve hot with crackers, toasted bream and/or vegetables.