Wednesday, November 08, 2006

BBQ Pulled Pork

I'd like to have some organization to my blog, so I'm going to start doing a recipe spotlight every Wednesday, and what do you know, today just happens to be Wednesday!

So one of my favorite (and simple) recipes is BB-Q pulled pork. I've tried many different recipes, but by far this is my favorite:

1 1/2-2 lbs pork shoulder
1 Cup water
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 (18 oz) bottle of sweet baby ray barbecue sauce (trust me on the sauce, I've tried substitutes and it's just not as good)

1. Place unfrozen pork shoulder roast in the crock-pot on low (very important that it be on LOW, tried high and failed) with 1 cup of water, basil and rosemary for about 8 hours (can be done overnight).
2. Remove any skin or bone
3. Pull the meat apart into small pieces, I use forks, and return it to the crock-pot.
4. Add a bottle of BBQ sauce and a little water (1/4 Cup) and stir to coat.
5. Continue to cook on low for an hour or two
6. Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw.

No comments: